Update: Unit 44 & 46 Lady Lane Industrial Estate, Hadleigh
The construction of Superstructures project, Unit 44 & 46 Lady Lane Industrial Estate, commenced in February 2016 and has since continued to progress on site.
The client, Challs International, is a leading manufacturer and exporter of domestic cleaning products. Both units are being constructed in close proximity to neighbouring buildings which required careful design of retaining structures and access strategies.
- Single-storey braced portal framed warehouse for the storage of domestic cleaning chemicals / products with a mezzanine floor for office use at one end.
- The concrete floor slab was cast last week, the roof has been installed and the cladding is due to be installed next week.
- Due to be completed in October 2016.
- Existing building was destroyed by fire, new high specification headquarter offices and a separate manufacturing area for domestic cleaning products.
- The cladding and roof are currently being finished off, intumescent paint coating is currently being applied to exposed steelwork which provides fire protection whilst ensuring a high quality finish.
- Due to be completed in January 2017.